Dr. Joe Ferranteli – Posture App to Increase Revenue
Dr. Ferranteli graduated with honors from Florida State University in 1995 with a B.S. in Biological Sciences. While enrolled in his chiropractic education, Dr. Ferrantelli completed his certification to become a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) through the N.S.C.A. passing his certification in 1995. He earned his Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree from Life University School of Chiropractic, graduating Magna Cum Laude in March 1999. Dr. Ferrantelli has appeared in many top research journals and in 2010, he took over as CEO for PostureCo, Inc., a leading technology company focusing on software development for clinicians and fitness professionals specializing in postural and spinal rehabilitative methods.
- Joe discusses how he got started with chiropractic and research.
- PostureCo – software branch of Chiropractic Biophysics. Takes a photo of the patient, analyzes patient posture, and creates a PDF document for EHR. “Lean screen” can measure BMI. Video can analyze functional movements.
- Web Exercises
- Give patients something to educate them and take home with them.
- Perceived value in technology
- Inter and Intra-examiner reliablility
- $39.99 one time fee through iTunes or $15.00 per month for unlimited use.
- Using new technologies – 3D assessment of posture on iPad, integrations with 3rd party hardware and software, patient taking posture pics of other people.
- Teaching patients about posture is crucial to help with their understanding.
- What is holding docs from being successful? Your own head space is holding you back! You need to have a coach! Make sure you do not create a personality based practice.
- Lesson learned: you cannot do everything yourself. Its less costly in the long run to hire people to do jobs you cannot do.
- Heros: Dr. Don Harrison, Deed Harrison, Dr. Joe’s Father
- “It’s okay if you fail as long as you give it your best.”
- Joe took a chance by opening his business on credit cards.
- Favorite book: CBP Structual Rehabilitation of Cervical Spine
- Best business advice: Get a good accountant and financial planner early on.
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!
Check out this episode!