Abundance versus Scarcity Mindset
Do you know the difference between an abundance versus scarcity mindset? In today’s podcast episode, Dr. Day discusses what the late Stephen Covey meant by the “abundance mindset” in his bestseller, The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People. Listen and learn how you can transition your thinking from a scarcity mindset to an abundance mindset now!
- We need to have an abundance mindset, we are held back by scarcity mindset.
- Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People first coined the phrase.
- Think Win-Win in any situation.
- Scarcity mindset: not enough pie to go around.
- It is a character-based code
- Comparison and Competition vs. Cooperation
- Covey points out that solutions to many problems are mutually beneficial.
- In a way, we may “compete” with strong-willed patients who may push back on our advice or approach to care. We should not be irritated at this, rather, we should remember that we are the same team and that a win for them is a win for us.
- Abundance mindset= Integrity, courage, consideration of others.
- Be smart financially.
- John Maxwell, “Leaders who allow a scarcity mindset to work its way into their culture will pay a high price.”
- “Paranoia, fear, and politics thrive…. Teamwork and innovation suffer.”
- Offer words of appreciation as often as possible.
- Choose to see opportunity when things don’t go according to plan.
- Tony Robbins, “People think life is happening to them, when it’s really happening for them.”
- Remind yourself that there is more than enough for everyone.
- Carefully select the company you keep.
- Spend time in reflection daily.
- Give more than you are taking.
- Living Forward – Michael Hyatt
- Compare/contrast Abundance and Scarcity mindsets.
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!