Dr Jason Gerard holds a Doctorate of Chiropractic from Northwestern College of Chiropractic. He has been a speaker at Parker Seminars and in international speaker as well. He’s a member of the USA Wellness Advisory Council for Wrestling, Judo, and Weightlifting and is president of ChiroMission Inc., a not For Profit organization, that helps raise funds and provides healthcare for the less fortunate in countries such as Haiti, the Dominican Republic, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and more.
- Gerard’s WHY: Had exercise-induced asthma after football injury, checked out chiropractic to be involved in sports. Never had to use his inhaler.
- ChiroMission: serving in a region where the people do not have care and spread the message of chiropractic. 3 trips a year at least.
- Dreamed of making the biggest practice in Minnesota. Goal of retention.
- Patient experience: Knowing names, how they were referred, having a good feeling about the practice. “If we can get to the cause, you are in the right place.”
- By the time patients walk in, they have already “checked you out” and made up their minds.
- 90% cash practice – Cash vs. Insurance – Level of commitment is different.
- High volume practice means short visit times.
- Referrals are high proportion of marketing strategies. Social media and websites, Talks and workshops, screenings.
- Google reviews: retention and attraction tool, patients have eye-opening moment when they actually write it down and share it.
- “Motel vs Hilton” means giving an above-average service.
- Good For You Productions puts together the “experience” videos.
- Going door-to-door made him aware of his commitment to success. Get out of your comfort zone.
- Actionable content for new docs: Have a plan, visit many people 90 days in advance of opening your practice.
- Actionable content for established: Reignite the passion! Get out there and get out of your tescomfort zone!
- Lesson learned: Becoming a leader of a team, realizing there is more than just you involved.
- Success = stories of amazing people that are not famous but they are accomplishing goals in their terms. “Unsung heroes”
- Daily habits: Prayer, Affirmations, Green Books, exercise.
- Book: Start with WHY by Simon Sinek
- Best business advice: Do whatever your goals are, but do it on your own terms, for the right reasons.
- Contact: lakewoodschiropractic.com
- Facebook: Lakewoods Chiropractic and ChiroMission.
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!