Dr. Kevin Wong graduated from Palmer West in 1996 as Valedictorian of his class and a recipient of a “Clinical Excellence Award”. In 2004, the Contra Costa Sun Newspaper voted Dr. Kevin the best Chiropractor in Lamorinda. In 2008, and again in 2009, KRON 4 Television nominated Dr. Kevin for “The Best of The Bay” in the Chiropractic category. He has taught for over 18 years across the United States and Internationally. In 2015, he will teach over 100 hours of continuing education classes to other Chiropractors in places like Daytona Beach, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Phoenix, AZ, Anchorage, AK, Edmonton, Canada and others.
- The love for people pulled Dr. Kevin to chiropractic.
- New docs are professional students, but they struggle with being a business person.
- In an associateship, you learn what to do and what NOT to do!
- “Saturdays are fantastic days to practice.”
- If you have your protocols in place and you are consistent, you will be successful.
- Kevin treats everybody, takes insurance, and does a lot of extremity work, little PI and worker’s comp.
- Travels and teaches about Foot Levelers, found a way to distinguish himself from other health care providers.
- Yelp only takes into account the reviews that are from common “yelpers”
- Yelp, Google, Facebook, Referrals, LinkedIn (not much help), website.
- “You make your own luck” by working hard.
- Is this practice what I want it to be? Sit down and think about it.
- Actionable content for new doc: get on insurance plans, get experienced, get different avenues for income (orthotics, Rock Tape, Biofreeze, Laser), pay attention to continuing education, have multiple ways to treat patients.
- Actionable content for established docs: look outside the box and see what else to being into the practice, learn new skill, new modalities.
- Lesson learned: after getting a complaint filed against him, Dr. Kevin learned how you cannot stop being who you are when people try to hurt you.
- Successful = Mark Charrette (teacher), Chris Carraway (family), His wife (his practice).
- “The universe has decided the path you are going to walk on, just follow the path.”
- The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Contact: orindachiropractic.com
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!