Dr. Rikard Börjesson graduated from Palmer in 1998. He travels to Peru every year providing free chiropractic care to people in need delivering Gonstead and Tonal Chiropractic. He’s have been practicing in Sweden for over 15 years and opened up a clinic in Arequipa, Peru in 2010. He belongs to the first graduating class of the Legion of Chiropractic Philosophers, 2000. He believes in Subluxation Based Care an believes that Chiropractic is needed at all ages and at all stages of life.
- Learned about chiropractic through a college friend that was going to Palmer.
- Chiropractic Without Limits- outreach clinic, helping kids in Peru.
- “Sickcare” System in Peru
- Clinic is in southern urban Peru
- “Chiropractic is for everybody”
- Must be a DC to practice in the clinic.
- One week bootcamp – philosophy and hands-on adjusting, small groups at a time.
- For students or DC’s.
- Clinic – paid position minimum a year.
- As soon as you get to Peru, trip is all-inclusive.
- New docs: Be open-minded, find a good mentor.
- Established docs: Reconnect where the passion is. Ask: Why?
- Biggest challenge: Running a clinic from another country!
- Walking regularly puts him in a good state of mind. Being in motion!
- Favorite book: Enhance Your Life Experience by Dr. Strauss
- Best business advice: “Don’t forget to work ON it and not just IN it.”
- Facebook: Chiropractic Without Limits
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!
Check out this episode!