Guest Craig Ballantyne
How to 10x Productivity Each Day!
Dr. Day interviews Craig Ballantyne, author of The Perfect Day Formula – How to Own the Day and Control your Life.
Craig Ballantyne is a productivity & success transformation coach from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the author of The Perfect Day Formula: How to Own the Day and Control Your Life. He has been a contributor to Men’s Health magazine since 2000, and his articles have also appeared in Women’s Health, Oxygen, GQ, Maxim, National Geographic, Men’s Fitness and Muscle and Fitness Hers, among many others. His articles have also been featured on Inc.com, LifeHacker.com, and Telegraph.co.uk.
In 2001, Craig created the popular home workout program, Turbulence Training, and in 2013 he created the Home Workout Revolution body-weight exercise program. Over 100,000 men and women have used his 6 Minutes to Skinny weight loss system since 2014. Craig is also the founder of the Certified Turbulence Training Program, certifying trainers from all corners of the globe. He holds an annual Turbulence Training Summit every year for fitness experts to become better trainers and get more clients so they make more money and live the Perfect Life.
Craig’s online success has led him to create books as well as a coaching program to show other gurus how to take their ideas and help thousands of people. He holds seminars around the world, and he teaches at the annual SovereignAcademy.org camp every summer in Lithuania. Craig has had to overcome many obstacles on his journey to success, and his toughest battle was fighting crippling anxiety attacks. He finally discovered how to beat them with his 5 Pillars of Transformation, and today Craig shows men and women how to use the 5 Pillars to lose 10 to 75 pounds, get a raise to make more money, find the love of their life, and overcome any obstacle in the way of success.
- Stoic philosophy- ancient philosophy about living a good and moral life.
- Epictetus said, “Control what you can, cope with what you can’t, and concentrate on what counts.”
- The Discourses by Epictetus
- The Art of Living by Sharon Labell
- Being productive in the morning – make small adjustments in your time so it is tolerable.
- Discipline – putting in systems that keep you out of trouble and make you productive.
- Rules for life are like operating systems of a computer, are necessary to be successful.
- Getting up and going to bed same time every day.
- Health rule: meditate every day and exercise 3 times per week.
- First thing in the morning every day, focus on something important.
- Don’t just create rules for things you SHOULD do, create rules for things you will NOT do. Ex: no drinking Sunday-Thursday, no arguing.
- “PMA” – Positive Mental Attitude
- “Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.”
- Craig describes his typical day.
- 10-3-2-1-0 Formula:
- 10: No caffeine 10 hours before bed
- 3: No alcohol or heavy meals 3 hours before bed
- 2: No work 2 hours before bed
- 1: No electronic screens 1 hour before bed
- 0: Amount of times to hit the snooze button in the morning
- “Create a vivid vision for your life!”
- Actionable content: Set the alarm clock 15 mins early and work on #1 priority in life.
- Be proactive, not reactive in life.
- Craig discusses anxiety attacks in a phase in his life.
- Success = his friend Bedros Keuilian (ptpower.com), Fitness Business Summit.
- Best book: Viktor E. Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning.
- Best advice: Hire a coach
Contact Craig on:
Get a FREE GIFT from Craig!
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!