The Evidence Based Chiropractor
Guest: Dr. Jeffrey Langmaid
Dr. Day interviews Dr. Jeffrey Langmaid, author and host of The Evidence Based Chiropractor podcast. Dr. Langmaid shares his insights into how Chiropractors can better serve their patients by providing evidence based care and learning how to co-manage with medical doctors. In this episode they discuss Dr. Langmaid’s personal journey, the business of chiropractic, the importance of market refinement, actionable communication tips you can use TODAY, and more.
Dr. Jeff Langmaid is a graduate of Palmer College who currently practices at the Laser Spine Institute, one of the nation’s largest spine care providers. Over the course of his career, he has made a name for himself by founding an organization that connects Chiropractors and physicians, so they can provide more effective conservative care. He’s author of, “Marketing Chiropractic to Medical Doctors”, a step-by-step guide for how Chiropractors can become integrated in their local healthcare community, and organically tap into huge referrals that come with those relationships. He’s also presented and lectured at multiple hospitals, and continues to showcase his expertise as a featured speaker at Chiropractic conferences.
- Laser Spine Institute – minimally invasive spine procedures
- Benefits to multi-disciplinary practice – referral relationships.
- Chiropractors and MD’s can get along.
- Spine conference and showcasing chiropractic research
- As chiropractors, we know more about the spine than most healthcare providers.
- Making good relationships with other doctors for referrals:
- Setting up meetings with other physicians
- Presenting your message of how you can help them with their patients
- Sending accurate case notes
- UK BEAM study
- Spine Journal article on maintenance chiropractic adjustments.
- Article on Post ESI chiropractic adjustments
- Authoring a book causes you to clarify your thoughts and beliefs. Gives you a platform to speak on.
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”
- Success tips: Get up and go in the mornings. Listen to podcasts. Keep up on research.
- Books: “It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want to Be.” By Paul Arden; “Start With Why.” By Simon Sinek.
- Best Advice: “Keep working hard.”
- Save your money.
- Consistency, Persistence, and Hard work must go together.
- “You’ve got to take rest as well”
- Put in the time and make it consistent.
- Find Jeff on Facebook, Instagram
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast, we’d love to hear about it! Head over to iTunes to subscribe, and while you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great!) and a review so others can find us and get in on the good stuff! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!