- Abid Bhat, MD MBA completed his fellowship in Sleep Medicine from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He earned his Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from the Bloch School of Management in 2014. He has been a sleep medicine specialist for over 10 years and is a firm believer in integrating Western Medicine with Mind-Body Therapies. He is currently a Professor of Medicine at the University of Missouri, Kansas City School Of Medicine.
- Dr Bhat’s passion is to present sleep as THE essential ingredient to maintain a positive state of health and well-being by combining Western medicine and Holistic Medicine.
- He has given lectures on sleep medicine at the local and national levels and his research has been published in a number of reputed national and international journals. He is regularly featured on local news channels.
- He’s recently teamed up with Dr. Michelle Robin, a past guest chiropractor on this show, to help patients discover better health through better sleep.
- Sleep medicine – “Sleep can change our lives!”
- 1 in 4 adult Americans does not get enough sleep
- Bhat will take a history from the patient, and also from the patient’s bed partner. The patient may not know how restless they are.
- There are many reasons for lack of sleep – back pain, depression, sleep apnea, etc.
- Medical doctors and chiropractors working together – Dr. Michelle Robin and Dr. Bhat.
- If sleep disturbaces are persistant and not resolving with diet, exercise, and conservative care, we may ned to refer to a sleep specialist.
- We need to find out WHY they cannot sleep, treat the cause, instead of giving sleeping pills to make them sleep.
- MD’s and DC’s need to reach out to each other, and share ideas about how we all can help the patients.
- Times are changing for the MD’s. Alternative care options are being talked about in medical school.
- Overcoming obstacles: working with a chiropractor to help treat patients
- Heroes: His parents
- Daily habits: Meditation, listening to music
- Favorite book: Michelle Robin’s books
- Best business advice: “Listen.”
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!
Check out this episode!