Dr. Jay Morgan
Double your Patients, and Double your Practice
Dr. Jay Morgan is a Board of Trustee member for Parker University, Dallas Texas. He is also an internationally known and respected chiropractic consultant. He actively provides Chiropractic Practice Management to over 500 offices world wide. With $100,000 in yearly collected increases, he has consulted with over 8,000 offices worldwide. Dr. Morgan is founder and developer of Chiropractic Associates, one of the nation’s largest chiropractic clinics, seeing over 800 patients per week, with $1,000,000 plus yearly collections! He is also a former Vice President of Gibson Management, one of the most respected chiropractic consulting firms in the profession. With over 30 years experience, Dr. Morgan specializes in one-on-one coaching, instruction, support, motivation and management.
- His mentor: Dr. Charles (Chuck) Gibson
- Students think having a chiropractic diploma will make them successful, but they are often unrealistic and underfunded.
- Seasoned docs seem to isolate themselves because they are burnt out.
- About cash practice ? “Your practice is a pie” ? 60-70% should be cash, one slice should be insurance, one slice P.I.
- “Copy what works rather than create what doesn’t.”
- Dr. Morgan offers full turn-key support for the coaching program at $149/month.
- New patients are the #1 need for a successful chiropractor.
- Collections are #2 concern for chiropractors.
- Consistent and regular chiropractic care is necessary for health.
- It is easier to shorten a long recommendation rather than lengthen a short-term recommendation.
- Over-recommending and Under-recommending
- Marketing: personal contact is #1. No-no’s ? newspaper ads.
- Groupon: high amount of people but many not interested in long-term care.
- Actionable content: Mission statement, Goals, Map out a strategy, Get financed.
- “Your practice is like a river, have a lot of tributaries”
- To launch a practice today, $60-75K ? lean and clean, low overhead.
- Breaking even ? average doc takes 2 years. His clients ? 120 days.
- “Keep balance” ? work, family, friends, etc.
- Success = Dr. Charles Gibson
- Daily rituals: Get up! Make Checklists!
- Book recommendation: Shut up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life by Larry Winget
- Best business advice ? Have a mentor.
- Phone: (512) 343-2503
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!
Check out this episode!