Guest – Dr. John Minardi
How to Better Communicate the Chiropractic Adjustment
Dr. Day interviews Dr. John Minardi about the science of the VSC, the physiological effects of the chiropractic adjustment, and strategies on communicating these concepts to patients.
Dr. John Minardi earned a Bachelor of Human Kinetics Degree, Honours Movement Science, from the University of Windsor, and a Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. He is the creator, founder and head instructor of The Thompson Technique Seminar Series, and author of The Complete Thompson Textbook – Minardi Integrated Systems, the most extensive seminar series and textbook ever created for the technique. In addition, Dr. Minardi’s primary interest has been to understand the Neurology of the VSC. Dr. John brings a unique blend of passion, intensity, and excellent teaching skills in order to explain, in a practical manner, the VSC’s segmental and global neurological effects that occur in the body. In 2011, Dr. Minardi was named “Chiropractor of the Year” an honour awarded to him by Parker Chiropractic Seminars. In addition to his busy lecture schedule, Dr. Minardi operates a full time practice in Oakville, Ontario.
- Getting new patients into the clinic is changing because of the internet and social media.
- Chiropractors started doubting themselves because they were being challenged by their patients. Minardi Education was born to help chiropractors communicate.
- Science of the VSC- stress response, physical and chemical. Long term, this causes disease.
- New research from Dr. Heidi Havoc shows every adjustment increases prefrontal cortex of brain by 55%.
- Increased Oxytocin released by the brain with adjustments.
- There are studies involving PET scans of people’s brains while being adjusted.
- Children with behavioral disorders benefit from chiropractic by regulating the stress hormone cortisol.
- The research is showing that the chiropractic adjustment causes a dopamine release which counteracts cortisol.
- Influence of cerebrospinal fluid- helps wash the waste out of the brain. Adjustments increase flow of CSF.
- Negative connotations are still existing about chiropractors.
- We need to educate the public about the value of chiropractic.
- Action steps: Schedule a health talk.
- “It is very difficult to explain the power of chiropractic in 30 seconds, but we can in 20 minutes with a PowerPoint.”
- Learning from failures: Don’t stop working hard. Accomplish one thing per day.
- Success = striving for excellence and greatness, being passionate.
- “I never ever wanted to be a great bodybuilder. I wanted to be the greatest that ever lived.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said to myself, Suffer now and live the rest of your life like a champion” – Muhammed Ali
- Waiting for your big break, you may wait forever.
- “Success looks an awful lot like hard work”
- “Success is not an event, it’s a process”
- Dr. Minardi’s business advice: “Always spend less than you make.”
Contact Dr. Minardi
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!