Are Poor Communication Skills Killing Your Business?
In this episode, Dr. Day talks about why communication skills matter and what you can do to make yours better.
- Patients are more compliant if we can effectively communicate.
- Speaking too long.
- Using too many “doctor words”
- Just give good info, don’t focus so much on educating patients.
- Frameworks work better than scripts – Bullet points of ideas you want to communicate with key phrases.
- Take into account psychology of people.
- Short attention spans
- Stuck in habits
- Want to feel important
- Focus on patient needs
- Adjust to their personality, mirror them to make them feel comfortable.
- Take a personal interest in your patients.
- Try to build rapport. Eye contact, use their name, sit on same level, be fully engaged.
- Be as credible as possible, don’t try to heal every problem.
- Pair home exercises with habits they already do.
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast, we’d love to hear about it! Head over to iTunes to subscribe, and while you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great!) and a review so others can find us and get in on the good stuff! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!