Dr. Sharon Gorman – Run Multiple Practices!
Dr. Sharon Gorman has been In practice and managing successful high volume practices, running two to four simultaneously, since 1985. She’s personally trained over 50 doctors to work in, and run, her practices. She also created Focus Philosophy Weekends in 1990 and has held hundreds of events over the years. Dr. Gorman is the recipient of numerous awards, including: New Beginnings Philosophy of Chiropractic Award in 1998, Life Force 1000 Chiropractor of the Year in 2015, and Distinguished Fellow of the International Chiropractors Association in 2015.
Dr. Sharon Gorman is the co-founder of the League of Chiropractic Women (LCW). She served as its first president from 2012 to 2016.
- Back to the beginning: Dr. Sharon Gorman became a chiropractor because she is a chiropractic “miracle”
- After graduation she worked for Dr. Jim Sigafoose. He taught her how to be successful. Within 3 months of starting her first practice, she was already seeing a 100 patients a day!
- “If you’re on fire, they will come, and watch you burn.”
- Dr. Sharon Gorman had 4 offices in 4 years.
- Having associates: believe in them more than they believe in themselves. They have to be coach-able.
- Barriers to success: people need to see themselves as successful. Everyone should create a “life line” or support system and surround themselves with successful people.
- Create a special and different patient experience in your office. Always try to exceed your patients expectations.
- Train the staff on procedures. Utilize team building and create an environment free of negative energy.
- Marketing: screenings and lunch-n-learns
- Establish the need for chiropractic when at screenings. Also, make an appointment for the most interested people.
- Figure out what you do well and delegate the rest.
- Women need to mentor women; we are not well represented.
- Women are better at listening to their innate wisdom and following their intuition.
- For new docs: associate yourself with other successful people in chiropractic. Don’t let anything hold you back. Get constant connection through seminars or coaching.
- For seasoned docs: People get “bored out” of practice. Keep it fresh by learning new things.
- Lesson learned: you need the ability to get up and move forward after falling down.
- Heroes: Dr. Jim Sigafoose, Reggie Gold, and many more. Different things to learn from different people.
- Daily rituals: Half hour of silence.
- Favorite Books: The Green Books, The Bigness of the Fellow Within, Abundance for Chiropractors By Sigafoose, The Purpose is Profit by Skip Mclaughlin.
- Best business advice: Save money, be independent, give back.
- League of Chiropractic Women
- Life University
- Chiropractic Mentoring
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!
Check out this episode!